Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Fun


Yesterday, Cody and I went to visit my side of the family again. We had a little barbecue and 
tried to keep my nephew, Emery, entertained. He's about to start playing soccer so we 
helped him practice in the front yard. I even got my 82 year old grandpa to kick the 
ball around! It was pretty entertaining to watch him kick and chase the ball... all while 
keeping one hand in his pocket!
I thought I had a decently large amount of energy.. until I spent the 
entire afternoon running around with Emery. That kid never stops! Oh, to 
have the energy of a child again. That sure would be nice. On a short break between
Emery's imaginative games, we looked through some old childhood photos. Ryan, my
brother/Emery's dad, found a photo of himself when he was around Em's age. Can you
say, hipsterest-hipster-before-there-were-hipsters EVER?? Hah. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww it looks like you guys had fun! And that photo of your grandpa is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh to have the energy of a child indeed! this post was so sweet, I esp loved seeing grandpa kick the ball around. glad you all enjoyed labor day!
    Cuddly Cacti
    Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...