Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Colourpop Cosmetics Review



I've heard of Colourpop in the past but I just recently decided to give the product line a try. I purchased a shadow and a matte lip gloss and I'm IN LOVE. So, naturally, I have to share my thoughts and opinions about each. 


Colorpop Ultra Matte Lip 

Color - "Beeper", a warm mid-tone taupe.
Price - $6
Finish - matte
Longevity - 6-8 hours

This lipgloss lasted a surprisingly long time on my lips. I'm the kind of person who bites, licks, and rubs my lips together a lot! It's a nervous habit, I guess. Even with all of that, though, once the color sets, it doesn't budge! My lips have also been extremely dry this winter, and there's no flaking with this gloss. I just put a layer of chapstick on and blot the excess off before applying this lip color. It's PERFECTION. Needless to say, I'm super impressed with this product!


Colourpop Shadow

Color - "Nillionaire", warm bronze with multi-colored glitter.
Price - $5
Finish - Metallic
Longevity - 3-5 hours

This creamy shadow is packed with pigment, but only if you apply it a certain way. For the best color payoff, they suggest that you use your finger to tap it onto your lid, then blend it out with a brush if you want. They weren't lying! I first tried it with just a brush and barely anything happened. Then I used my finger to dab it on and bam! Bronzy, glittery goodness.

While I love the look and feel of this shadow, I'm less than impressed with its longevity. However, I found that if I spritz a setting spray over it, it lasts much longer. Overall, it's still a great product for the price!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...