Monday, October 20, 2014

Anniversary Trip

This weekend Cody and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary. We didn't go all out with a big trip or anything, but we did spend the night in Memphis and had tons of fun!

I finally got my fall activity fix when we stumbled upon a little harvest festival at Shelby Farms. This place had every size, shape, and color of pumpkin you could imagine! Many of them I didn't even know existed. One of the pumpkins was over a thousand pounds! Sadly, I couldn't attach a horse to it and ride it away like Cinderella, so I just settled for a few colorful smaller ones.

After the festival, we had a delicious dinner downtown at The Majestic Grille. The spinach and artichoke dip was amazing! We then stayed the night in a king suite at a really nice hotel... yay Priceline deals! The next morning, we hit up the zoo, because I love zoos. If you've been following my blog for a while, you've probably read a previous post or two about zoo adventures that I've shared. I just love watching, petting, and feeding animals. I probably should've been a zookeeper or something. 

We capped off the day with some shopping and more eating before heading back home. It really was a great anniversary celebration. The past two years have been more incredible than I ever could have expected. 

7 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!! ♥ Even small trips are quite fun.. The zoo has such cute animals!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live in Memphis, and I miss the Shelby Farms pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really cool! Yeah, that pumpkin patch was so much fun :)

      Delete
  3. happy anniversary! ♥ I didn't even know a giant pumpkin at 1000 pounds even existed. hahaha.
    it looks like you guys had a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I didn't think they could get that big either.

      Delete
  4. Happy anniversary!! Holy amazing giant pumpkins - WOW.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...