Summer is still going strong here in the south and the humidity is relentless. So, I decided to share some heat and humidity-fighting products to help your makeup last all day. Also, these products are all super affordable, because who doesn't love a good deal!?
1. Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye Shadow - Like a tattoo, this eyeshadow is sure to last a while. It's not permanent though, so don't worry. It has an intense pigment and smooth finish so it won't cake up on your eyelids. It took a little bit of scrubbing with a makeup remover wipe to get that color swatch off my hand. I think it's safe to say that this shadow won't fade with sweat and humidity!
2. NYX Setting Spray - I looove this spray. I would even venture to say that it's as good as most high end brands. I use a setting spray on all of my bridal clients to ensure that their makeup will last throughout their special day. In the middle of a Mississippi summer, this is no easy task. If you're looking for a way to seal your makeup and fight shine on your oily areas, I definitely recommend this spray.
3. NYX Finishing Powder - Like the setting spray, this translucent powder gives your complexion a matte finish and holds your makeup in place throughout the heat of the day. It's kind of redundant with the setting spray, but it's great if you prefer powder over spray. Both are equally awesome.
4. NYX Doll Eye Mascara - This mascara is not advertised as waterproof, however, it seems to be water-resistant. I jumped in a pool the other day (with this mascara on) and swam for about an hour and the mascara didn't run at all! I was sure that I would get out looking like a raccoon, but when I dried off and checked my face, it hadn't budged at all.
5. Smashbox Blemish Control Primer - This is also a must have in making sure that your makeup will hold up to the sweltering heat of summer. Primer gives your makeup something to adhere to on your face. This one is great because it's oil-free (so your makeup won't eventually slide off) and contains salicylic acid which helps fight blemishes - an added bonus!
So that's a handful of excellent and affordable products that I recommend using to get you through the rest of summer. What heat/humidity-fighting products do you use?