We recently got a new puppy for Brooks! His name is Dakota. Cody drove twenty hours round-trip to Indiana to pick up our little snowflake. I was just going to have the breeder ship Dakota to us, but since Cody likes to drive and had some free time, he offered to make the trip while I stayed home with Brooks. I let B stay up late Tuesday night until Cody got home with the new puppy. We were so excited when the two walked through the door! Brooks took to the pup instantly and perfectly. He's so gentle with Dakota.... I can't say the same for the dog, though. Dakota loves to play and tackle Brooks which doesn't always end well, but we're working on that. He thinks B is just another rambunctious puppy. They love each other though.
If you've been reading my blog or following me on social media for a while, you've probably seen me post about my last Dane, Harper. It's a loooooong story and I loved her dearly, but we had to make a very hard decision to give her to a Dane rescue facility back in January. We knew we wanted to get another puppy eventually. One that could grow up with B and I knew I didn't want any other breed. Once you go Dane, you don't go back! Okay, that didn't rhyme, but you know what I mean. For those of you who don't know, I came up with a few reasons why Great Danes are the best dogs ever!.........
1. Great Danes are incredibly smart. They can learn a new command or trick in a matter of minutes! Though, when they're young puppies, it takes a bit longer.
2. They're big, sensitive babies. Their feelings will actually get hurt if you're too stern with them.
3. They are good guard dogs. Even though they're gentle giants, they look and sound very intimidating. I always feel safe!
4. They don't require much grooming. They really only need a bath once a week and have their nails clipped every couple weeks.. That's about it.
5. They make great companions. Danes are so loyal, loving, and cuddly. They just want to love and be loved on.