Monday, June 30, 2014

NOLA Trip




I got to visit the eclectic, wild, and suffocatingly humid city of New Orleans for the first time this past weekend! I assure you, it did not disappoint. Despite the extreme heat and weird smells on the streets, I had so much fun! Cody and Josh had a film workshop there Thursday, so we just made a little vacation out of it.

On the first day, Mary Meghan and I killed time by the pool and did some exploring while the guys were in their class. Over the next couple days, we walked along the Mighty Mississippi, all around the Magazine Street hipster area and the French Quarter. There was so much vibrance and culture everywhere! Street performers, parades, amazing food... It was so great!

We also visited the WWII museum and actually learned a lot! Well, at least I did. I can't speak for the others. I found it pretty interesting though... Definitely worth a visit. 
On the way home, we stopped through Abita Springs, LA and ate at the Abita Brew Pub. It was delicious! Also, if you haven't tried Abita rootbeer, I highly recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...