Monday, August 11, 2014

Pregnancy Progress

I've been in the second trimester of pregnancy for a little while now, and I'm definitely enjoying it a lot more than the first! The nausea has subsided for the most part, unless I've waited too long to eat something... then it hits me with a vengeance. I've gotten some energy back, though. Not all of it, like before I was pregnant, but I'm feeling lively enough to actually perform regular, everyday tasks again. As you can see, I have a little bit of a bump! Some of that is a food baby, though, because I had just eaten a hearty lunch. Yummm.

The downside to this stage of pregnancy is that I'm not "obviously" showing yet (unless I'm wearing something very fitted). So I get those quick glances towards my belly where the person isn't quite sure so they don't want to ask and possibly offend me. Or maybe they're just thinking, "Wow, she's packed on a few pounds". I just want to wear a shirt that says, "Yes, I'm pregnant" or fast-forward to the stage where I am obviously showing. I know, as awkward as that makes me feel now, it'll probably be more awkward in other ways when I do have a huge belly. 
I haven't mentioned this to very many people until now, but I'm planning on having my baby completely naturally. My awesome sister-in-law let me borrow her Hypnobabies study guide and CD set. I just started it, but I'm loving it already. It's very calming and reassuring. It basically teaches you how to manage pain and gets you in a positive mindset about birthing. As of right now, I don't really have any fears about labor and delivery, and I'm hoping to keep it that way. So if you had a bad experience, don't tell me about it!

I'm trying really hard to enjoy my pregnancy, but I'm the type of person who always looks into the future and has a hard time just living in the present. Yes, I'm impatient...very much so. I can't wait for my little critter to arrive! ....Or at least know if it's a he or she. We'll be able to find that out early next month. Yayyyyy! I feel like it's a boy... sooo it's probably going to be a girl. Haha. 

What would be your guess?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...